certificate of living birth
I framed my birth certificate tonight.
What a beautiful piece of my history.
A tangible receipt of my being alive.
Indeed our hearts are golden treasures, but a true tragedy would be to conceal your inner gold because you are afraid of someone stealing it or it falling and breaking. There is no love in fear. The great wisdom of the ages always tells us the more we love the more of it we receive. Love is not a giving or a taking, it is a state of being - a one way street of allowing, accepting and holding a space for all things to be exactly as they are. Fear not that your heart will be broken or stolen. Love becomes love. Give it away with no expectation of return and soon you will be having a love affair with the whole world!
— Jackson Kiddard
sorry internet issues
be back in a bit
love you too.
i love you too
talk to you in a bit
i really have to go. message me
have fun. thank you. i love you too
any idea where?
going downstairs to decorate for tonight. have a good night
sounds good. byeee
no worries. sorry. we will just pick a place tomorrow
ehh. fine i guess.
ok cool. as long as you don’t expect things to change over night.
woke up at 3:45 and then again at 7
i was asleep when i got your text
any fun plans tonight?
i have to run out, but i wanted to share these with you.
i told you i wanted to drop it
i want a kiss
you can have one
we have both been super stressed
lets start yoga or meditating.
lets not be this sick again
screw forests, they’re all coming down
i want them gone, ample parking
i am not lame. i drank an old fashioned with you one night!
i loved your balloon text.
its tough not seeing you after days like yesterday.
i think we did a good job talking through this one??
did i ever show you this bed i want?
its a bed, i think its one of those things you can splurge on.
keep looking for stuff. let’s just furnish our entire house today.
how was lunch
what are you thinking about
what are you doing after work
how are you feeling
how’s that crap going?
sorry i couldn’t answer
so you are in for hanging out forever?
dance, when you’re broken open.
dance, if you’ve torn the bandage off.
dance, in the middle of fighting.
dance in your blood.
dance when you’re perfectly free.
Let the beauty we love be what we do. There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.
Let the beauty we love be what we do.
There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.
a glass of water
on the window sill
- Live now; be concerned with the present rather than with the past or future. We spend too much time daydreaming about the past or future, and this habit distracts and detracts our energies and awareness from the present.
- Live here and deal with what is present rather than what is absent. One of many avoidance strategies we use is to focus on what is missing rather than on what we have, on who is missing rather than who is here.
- Stop imagining and experience the real. Imagining takes us away from what is and blocks our experiencing and awareness. We sometimes lose sight of what is real for us.
- Stop unnecessary thinking, and taste, see, and feel. When was the last time for example, that you ate an orange without thinking about the concept of orange but just sensing every feeling, taste, and smell? We have allowed thinking to block out our senses, and we need to take the time to get back in touch with our senses.
- Express rather than manipulate, explain, justify, or judge. Learn to express yourself directly, to ask for what you want, to accept yourself and others for what they are, not for their verbal competencies.
- Expand your awareness by giving in to unpleasantness and pain as well as pleasure. True awareness includes negative experiences as well as pleasurable ones, and if we use our energies to block out the negative, we will also lose some of our ability to sense the positive.
- Accept no “should” or “ought” other than your own, and follow no idol. The words “should” and “ought” have caused more difficulties than just about any other words in the English language. We must assume responsibility for our rules and practices and our own behaviors.
- Take full responsibility for your actions, feelings, and thoughts. This is the essence of maturity in Gestalt thought. We must stop blaming others and situations and take full advantage of our autonomy and the choices that do exist within any situation.
- Surrender to being you as you are. Accept yourself for who you are and what you are and not what you or others think you should be.
(Effective Helping: Interviewing and Counseling Techniques, Barbara F. Okun, Ricki E. Kantrowitz)